Eyelash Lift & Curl
Eyelash Lift & Curl
What is an Eyelash Lift you may ask?
It’s basically a perm for your eyelashes. Think of it like this, a solution is applied and changes the bonds of the lash hairs permanently, hence why they “lift” and will stay lifted for months. The first thing you should do is to consult with your lash artist, who will ask you some questions about your goals and style (for example, whether or not you wear mascara everyday, like your lashes high, pointed upwards to your eyebrows or more fanned out, etc.) Based on your answers, your technician will then pick a curl size for your eye shape.
There is no preparation necessary. The only thing that is recommended, if you want a more dramatic result, try going on something like a lash serum regime. This will help naturally grow your lashes as long as possible and is a great cost-friendly option.
RefectoCil at Synergy Aesthetics & Laser Clinic
At Synergy Aesthetics & Laser Clinic we pride ourselves on our lashes. Our technicians go home happy knowing your eyes are looking their absolute best! We are able to achieve such incredible results because of the products and brands we associate with.
RefectoCil Eyelash Lift, which guarantees the perfect look without mascara or mechanical lash curlers while doing sports or at the beach! The Lash Lifting works in a worldwide record time of just around 13 minutes, with the effect lasting up to 6 weeks! Your lashes will appear much longer and fuller while they continuously get nourished. The especially developed lifting pads that are made in Germany, fit perfectly along the curvature of the lid, are available in up to 3 sizes, and can be used up to 100 times. The lashes can be coloured immediately after the lifting treatment.
✓ Do not consume any caffeinated beverages before your appointment for caffeine can cause your eyes to flutter during an appointment.
✓ Plan on arriving 10 minute prior to your appointment, this way you can update any necessary consultation forms.
✓ Please ensure to arrive without contacts, concealer, eye makeup (mascara, eyeliner, eyeshadow etc.) on the day of your appointment.
✓ Most importantly, avoid curling your natural lashes with a lash curler for 24 hours prior to your appointment.
✓ Use a Lash Serum. It’s highly recommended that you use a lash serum to help get those lashes growing longer and stronger. This will help give you amazing looking lashes.
✓ MOISTURIZE those bad boys! It’s also recommended that you use an oil that is safe to use around the eye area and lashes to help moisturize your lashes.
✘ DO NOT GET YOUR LASHES WET FOR 24 HOURS.
✘ DO NOT SLEEP on your stomach with your face on the pillow. You must sleep on your back for 24 hours. Your lashes are prone to kinks within 24 hours after the procedure.
✘ DO NOT PULL your lashes. This will cause your natural lashes to fall out prematurely and can cause both breakage and permanent damage to the hair follicle.
What is a Lash Lift?
A lash lift is technically a chemical process that is used to change the behavioural structure and texture of your lashes. Depending on the size of the shield used, the lashes can be lifted more or less dramatically. A lash lift is essentially a modern version of a lash perm without the perming rods.
Contraindications that prevent you from getting a Lash Lift:
- Are you Pregnant? If you have an appointment and found out that you are pregnant, please contact us right away and we can reschedule.
- Do you have very little natural eyelashes or almost nothing? If so, the gaps between your lashes will be more noticeable.
- If you have pre-existing eye(lid) conditions such as chronic dry eye, blepharitis, conjunctivitis and ocular rosacea.
- If you’ve had Lasik surgery recently (wait a minimum of 6 months from your procedure).
- Have Trichotillomania (compulsive pulling or twisting hair, eyebrows and eyelashes).
- If you have very sensitive eyes or possible allergies to adhesive, we recommended to book an appointment for a patch test.
- Are you rough on your lashes? Do you put them through the ringer daily? Constant play with your eyes is a no-no!
- Unfortunately, if you’re undergoing chemo treatments or have had chemo treatments within the past year it is definitely recommend to consult with your physician first.
- Are you sensitive or have allergies to dyes? We will most likely do a patch test before your appointment.
- Have you had blepharoplasty surgery? If so you must wait a minimum of 1 year after your surgery before lifting those lashes!
How long do these appointments take?
Eyelash Lift & Curl appointments last about 40 – 50 minutes depends on how long and coarse the eyelashes are.
How long will the effects last?
A lash lift can last anywhere between 6 to 8 weeks. Results vary from client to client depending their natural lash growth cycle. Indeed, there are some situations that may cause the lift to drop/weaken prematurely such as swimming, use off harsh products or heat. If you have found that your lift is not lasting the full 2 months, you can repeat the treatment after a minimum of 4 weeks of having the initial treatment, but not before.