Spider Veins & Vascular Lesions
What are Varicose Veins? They are large, inflamed, raised swollen blood vessels that twist and turn. They more often than not are formed in the legs but can also be found on other parts of the body. Similarly, Spider Veins are usually smaller in size, more of a purple and blue colour, and are much easier to see through layers of the epidermis. A number of different factors could be the cause of an individual having Varicose or Spider Veins.
WHAT CAN WE DO TO TREAT IT?
With the use of our Etherea-MX® LongPulse® technology, we are able to precisely and safely treat the effected area with longer pulse times of up to 60ms. Working with spot sizes that vary from 2mm, 3mm, 6mm and 9mm in diameter, and that have a maximum fluency of up to 500 j/cm2, Synergy’s expert team are able to treat various medical conditions related to vascular malformations on the face and body.
- Its Hereditary
- Having an occupation that includes a lot of standing and walking like being a Teacher or Nurse
- Being overweight or obese
- Individuals experiencing hormonal changes due to pregnancy, puberty or menopause
- The use birth control pills
- Going through postmenopausal hormonal replacement treatments
- There is a history of blood clots
- Conditions that cause increased pressure in the abdomen, such as tumors, constipation, and externally worn garments like corsets or girdles
- Cramp like pains in the legs
- Tiredness or restlessness
- Burning, throbbing or tingling in the legs
- Heaviness in the legs
- Women may experience worse symptoms during their menstrual cycle or during pregnancy
Less common symptoms may include
- Swelling, Ulcers, and darkening of the skin (especially around the ankle area)